3.09.2016

What I Wore: Spiderwebs and Bats

Spiderweb Jenny Skirt on Betties N Brimstone Blog
sunglasses - Sunglass Spot / shirt - Target / belt - Pinup Girl Clothing / skirt - Pinup Girl Clothing / tights - Target / shoes - Demonia / bracelet - FitBit

Today's outfit felt very comfortable, very "me." Black, halloween-y, spiderwebs, bat shoes, and dark oversized sunglasses with pointed tips. Sweet. I even paired the look with my favorite purple eyeshadow (it's called "Urban," and it's part of the Urban Decay Electric palette, FYI).

I declared to myself that this week was "skirt week," as I felt like I had been wearing only my dresses for a while. But I think I may actually need to have skirt weekSSS because I own many of them.

Spiderweb Jenny Skirt on Betties N Brimstone Blog

I don't think I've worn this skirt on the blog yet? But it might look familiar because I have worn my spiderweb Heidi dress on the blog here, but also I wore that dress for my pinup shoot at Vavoom Pinups Chicago. I love this pattern so much that not only do I own it in the aforementioned dress and the skirt pictured here, I also own it in the Lauren top - no longer available from PUG, but purchased secondhand from a previous owner.

When I went with my brother Sam to the horror convention, I paired that top with this skirt, creating another complete "dress" look from separates. It was very appropriate to the event. :)

Spiderweb Jenny Skirt on Betties N Brimstone Blog

I like that the skirt is actually very "neutral" in the fact that it's black and white, so I could really wear any color top that I want... but I decided to stick with my trusty black on this particular day. And my bat wing Demonia creepers.

Spiderweb Jenny Skirt on Betties N Brimstone Blog

These sunglasses are the best thing, ever, and they were only $5. FIVE DOLLARS, you guys. I learned about Sunglass Spot from Stina via her YouTube video and I was all like "OMG I HAVE TO BUY A BUNCH OF SUNGLASSES NOW" after watching it. I bought three pairs, and it was five dollars to ship. So $20 for three pairs of sunglasses that are of equal quality to any "fancier" pairs that I own. Seriously. My favorite thing about this pair (my fave of the bunch) is that they look like bat wings.

Here's a close-up of the spiderweb pattern:

Spiderweb Jenny Skirt on Betties N Brimstone Blog

It's probably hard to tell from these photos, but my bat wing creepers are actually black GLITTER creepers, so bonus cool points.

Spiderweb Jenny Skirt on Betties N Brimstone Blog

In the future, I could also pair this skirt with pretty much any color crinoline that I wanted to, too, but today = black.

Maybe next time?

How would you style this skirt besides wearing all-black like me? What other colors would you pick?

Rock On,
Jen @ Hell Razor


now playing:
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google+