8.05.2015

Re-Design Reveal!

Have you noticed our awesome new blog re-design? Assuming that you read right on the blog site (and not via a reader), you've probably seen the changes already. Betties N Brimstone has an awesome new logo, blog header, and background via super cool graphic designer, Annie Balavitch!

Betties N Brimstone ReDesign!

Annie's personal design aesthetic is not too far from my own, therefore she was a natural choice for designing the new logo. I can't say enough how much I love the sulfur/brimstone symbol with the bow. It's the prefect blend of heavy metal and girl-y-ness that the blog represents.

I also wanted to share a super simple resource for making your own graphics for all kinds of use, like blog headers, social media banners (like Facebook, Twitter, Etsy, etc...) and it's FREE! The site is called Canva, and there are a whole bunch of pre-made templates for specific uses (like social media), or you can make your own designs from scratch. There are a bunch of shapes, font styles, and images for your use, and you can combine them with your own graphics, too!

Betties N Brimstone ReDesign!

Above, I took my pre-existing logo for Hell Razor, and combined it with my new Betties N Brimstone graphics from Annie to create a banner that I could use for my Facebook page. I also made a version of this same layout for Twitter. I love how simple it was to use, and the free graphics selection is really good! I tried out some cool text banners and fonts before settling on this layout. The red-violet shape behind the BnB logo is one of the free shapes available!

I love that I can isolate the "brimstone" part of the logo and use it for avatars, stickers, or buttons (hmm future plans!). I've been playing around on my Silhouette Cameo machine and even used the logo to make this window cling on my car:

Betties N Brimstone ReDesign!

I'll probably do a whole post on my Silhouette machine in the future. I bought it this summer, and I've been having a blast making decals for all sorts of projects, but I've just now started my foray into window clings and t-shirt transfers (hello custom roller derby shirts!).

If you're in the market for some graphic design work, please consider giving Annie a try. (She is also my brother's girlfriend, so I have a personal connection, but I can't recommend her work enough!)

Bonus fun trivia: Annie was my very first Hell Razor model, as seen in this awesome throwback to 2010 post!

Rock On,
Jen @ Hell Razor


now playing:
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google+