4.24.2015

Easy Healthy Spring Salad with Quinoa, Edamame, and Peas

 photo unnamed_zpsgqxrd03e.jpg
Howdy, y'all!
Ok, I know it doesn't FEEL like spring outside, but they say it's happening...Regardless, I've been on the look out for healthy & refreshing Spring recipes...Mostly, to make myself feel better about 30 degree temps AND because I'm still on my successful weightless journey! ;)
 photo unnamed-2_zps7acqirjw.jpg Anyway, I found this recipe on the Magnolia Homes Blog (...I LOVE Fixer Upper...They make me want to somewhat "grown up" decorate my house). ;) It is delicious! I had to share it! The best part is that it's packed with greens and super foods that keep you healthy and fit. 
 photo unnamed-3_zpsy3sip5vv.jpg Spring Quinoa Salad with Edamame and Peas

Ingredients:
1 cup of uncooked quinoa
1 cup of green peas
1 cup of shelled edamame
1 green onion, thinly sliced (red onion would also be tasty and add a little pop of color)
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 tablespoon of fresh lime juice
1/2 teaspoon of salt & pepper
Optional: 1/4 cup thinly sliced fennel (it's pretty!)
 photo unnamed-1_zpslipfhe4w.jpg
What to do:
  • Cook quinoa according to package directions
  • Heat up your peas and edamame and set aside to cool
  • In a small bowl mix together oil, lemon and lime juice, salt and pepper
  • Mix together quinoa, diced onion, edamame, peas and fennel 
  • Drizzle dressing over salad then, toss and serve!
This salad is refreshing, tasty, and easy to make. Great for a last minute pot luck or BBQ dish and works well as a regular side dish.

Stay healthy, my friends! ;)

Until next time!
~Steph @ Calamity Layne



Now Playing:
Bob Wills 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google+