*** This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links ***
Have you ever heard of Gazelle? They're a service that will BUY your old cell phone, tablet, or Mac product from you when you no longer need yours. It's a great way to offset the cost of a new device or computer. Shipping is free, and there's no risk - I've used their service TWICE in the past, and I am super happy with both experiences!
The first time I used Gazelle was several years ago: I sold my old iPhone 3 when I wanted to upgrade to the 4S. At the time, I was given a pretty nice chunk of change (around $100, I think) - this is a great way to recoup some cash when I was buying a new phone!
I also used Gazelle when I bought a new MacBook. My old laptop was considerably old - it was a Mac that was old enough that it could no longer handle the latest OS update. I really didn't know what to do with it, and it sat at home for a while, just collecting dust! Then I remembered Gazelle. I checked on a whim to see if my laptop was even eligible for sale... and it was! A laptop that would have otherwise been sent to the landfill became a payday for me! Woo hoo!
What happens to your smart phone when it's sent to Gazelle?
Any idea what happens to a smart phone that's sent to Gazelle?
- The first leg of a device's journey is to Gazelle's processing facility in Kentucky.
- Once it’s there, the Gazelle team rigorously inspects 30 points of the phone to confirm its condition and then all data is immediately wiped from the device to ensure that any personal information that may have been left behind stays secure.
- After the reset, the next leg of the journey begins, where the device is made to look brand new again, through replacing a broken screen or smoothing out some of those nicks (for example).
- Then, the device is off to find an owner, being purchased at a cost more affordable than a brand new one.
- And a new consumer falls in love with the device, all over again!
Not only can you SELL your old device to Gazelle, you can also BUY gently used but certified pre-owned devices from Gazelle at a discount!
With their Certified pre-owned service, Gazelle goes the extra mile for their customers:
- Gazelle puts every single phone through a 30-point quality inspection process.
- There are no contracts and no strings attached.
- If you're not totally satisfied with your new device, Gazelle lets you return it within 30 days of purchase - risk free.
- You get a really nice phone, in Like New or Good condition, at a great price.
I can recommend Gazelle because I've actually used them - several times - and had a great experience!
Jen @ Hell Razor