2.21.2015

Food: A Love Story by Jim Gaffigan

Food: A Love Story

The last time I posted a book review, I chose an art book. This time around, I wanted something more light-hearted and funny that was easy to read. Enter Food: A Love Story by Jim Gaffigan. My husband and I are huge fans of his stand-up acts, and we'll quote lines regularly to each other whenever there's an opening. We've even got Iggy saying "Hot Pockets!" every time the commercial comes on.

Also, crabs are the bugs of the sea. Crab meat = bug meat. :) 

As a fellow food lover, the topic of this book was also right up my alley. Although this book is meant to be humorous, I sadly (in that black-comedy way) kept finding bits of myself reflected within his jokes! Aww. Whomp whomp.

If you're a fan of Jim Gaffigan, definitely check this book out. If you haven't seen or heard any of Jim Gaffigan's stand up work, you can still read this book without having any background info and enjoy it - no prerequisites required! In fact, many of the jokes in this book come directly from his stand-up act, so if you're a really big fan and reciting quotes in your everyday life (um, too), you might find some of the book slightly repetitive. 

I found it repetitive only because I am so familiar with his work, but in the way that you keep watching reruns of The Office even though you know what's going to happen and it's still funny and you still enjoy it anyways.

Read this book when you have those tiny snippets of time (like waiting at the doctor's office) when you don't need to mentally prepare to get back into the story like an intense drama or suspense novel. This is an easy to pick up right where you left off kind of collection of short comedic stories. I very much enjoyed this book and recommend it!


*** I received this copy free for review purposes via Blogging For Books. All opinions are totally honest and 100% mine. ***

Rock On,
Jen @ Hell Razor
now playing:
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google+