1.14.2015

Bento Report, V.5

The Bento Report is a regular feature on the blog where I show you what's in my lunch for a few select days over the past couple of weeks. It's informational because I am a post weight-loss surgery patient who is also a vegetarian/pescetarian, but also fun because I love the idea of bento lunches and have fun making my lunch look cute and/or making it fit into unique lunchbox container constraints.

You can view past posts of my Bento Report series hereInformation on where I buy bento boxes and accessories in this post here.

Bento Report V.5
  1. Crabmeat sticks, cut into chunks (I attempted to make sushi for dinner one night and these are from the leftovers).
  2. Cucumber slices. 
  3. Grape tomatoes. 
  4. Cheddar cheese stick, cut into cubes.
  5. Mini Tupperware o'vitamins.
  6. Teriyaki tofu from Trader Joe's.
I'm not always awesome about washing and drying my lunchbox immediately before I pack the next day's lunch, so I often rotate my boxes, leaving the previous day's containers to drip dry on the rack next to the sink.

The lunch below was packed in my ninja girl bento box (Except for the egg case - that went separately into my insulated lunch bag):

Bento Report V.5
  1. Cheddar cheese stick, cut into cubes.
  2. Mini Tupperware o'vitamins.
  3. Teriyaki tofu from Trader Joe's.
  4. Hard boiled egg in a cute holder.
  5. Brussels sprouts and black beans with taco seasoning (leftover from the previous night's brussels sprouts tacos).
Bento Report V.5

I've been having crazy cravings for sweets in the evening time lately. This is new to me. I've never been the type to turn down sweets when they're offered to me, but I've never been one to really crave sweets. I'm more of a carb girl (well, at least I used to be...).

So my solution was to buy this bar of dark chocolate with sea salt (yum!) and just eat a tiny bit on the nights that I have a craving. So far I've still got over half of the bar left, so it seems to be working well!

Bento Report V.5
  1. Edamame.
  2. Homemade hummus (got a food processor for Christmas, woo hoo!)
  3. Cucumber slices.
  4. Mini Tupperware o'vitamins.
  5. Teriyaki tofu from Trader Joe's w/eyeball food pick.
  6. String cheese, cut in 1/2.
  7. Grape tomatoes.
I took off all of the lids of my containers so that you can actually see inside my Tupperware o'vitamins... in case you were curious. 

Inside you will find: 
  • two Flintstone's chewable vitamins
  • a chewable calcium supplement
  • a B12 supplement that dissolves under your tongue and tastes like cherry (kinda cool)
  • two giant horse pills for treating ulcerative colitis (I'd been without issues since late 1990's, but after surgery I had an inflammation that is now under control. Oh well.)
  • the white capsule, which is something I'm taking that prevents me from having to have my gall bladder removed at a later date
Apparently, many folks who have bariatric surgery end up having to have their gall bladder removed. WebMD explains it the following way:
"Gallstones are common when you lose a lot of weight quickly. Up to 50% of patients will develop gallstones after gastric bypass surgery, and these are usually harmless. Sometimes, gallstones can cause nausea, vomiting, and abdominal pain. About 15% to 25% of people need surgery to remove their gallbladder after gastric bypass surgery."
So, these white capsules that I take for like 6 months will help me from developing gallstones. Glad I looked that up, because 5 minutes ago I had no idea why these pills worked and what they were for. I just follow directions when the doctor says so. Ha!

Bento Report V.5

Above (top), I photographed my lunch so you can see the eyeball pick staring at you from the tofu blocks. Because it's fun. Above (bottom), You can see how my lunch actually gets packed up with lids and such before going into my insulated lunchbox bag and headed to the refrigerator at work. I know sometimes I see pics from other people's lunches and I think "How does that not fall out all over the place?" so I think this might be kind of helpful to see.

Keeping it real.

Rock On,
Jen @ Hell Razor
now playing:
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google+