8.13.2014

Nine Inch Nails/Soundgarden: 07.24.14

NIN/Soundgarden with sucky view
Here's my view during Soundgarden. Yayy I can see NOTHING. It only got worse as NIN went on. Way worse.

I had my surgery on July 21st.

I really didn't think I'd be able to make it to the show 3 days later (and home from the hospital only 1 day prior), but I did, mostly due to our paying $30 for "VIP" parking, which meant minimal walking into the venue. What a rip. I can't believe that these places charge to park in their far-away sketchy lots that are just garbage and dusty rocks. 

So we get in, I pick up my presale tickets, and we walk to our seats... I have never been so disappointed in seats from a presale! I'm 5'1" also, so rows of tall beefy dudes all around me does NOT help. I can see better on a GA pit floor where I'm free to roam to various viewing points than being stuck in a seat like this. I can't even believe how far away I was (for that price!). Ugh. I could rant about this for days. I watched the show from FAR FAR away (section 204, row NN) from the random gap between two dudes and on my tiptoes. We were actually in a whole second section back, with a concrete walkway between us and the closer section, so there was a series of constant foot traffic passing by at all times, too.

Despite the horrible venue/ticketing situation, the show itself was... just ok. Not my all-time favorite show for sure. The fact that no one around me was really into the show certainly didn't help... (as opposed to people singing, pushing, and jumping in the pit), so I really just felt dumb if I clapped along or did half of the stupid stuff the normal crowd does (jump on cue, punch the air, etc) when we're up close.

I wondered where all my NIN folk were, and I felt really lonely. Boo.

I guess I'm glad that I caught the show, since TR announces to the crowd that they won't be back for a while... and I am sad because this isn't how I wanted my last show to be.
SET LIST:
Copy of A
Sanctified
Came Back Haunted
1,000,000
March of the Pigs
Piggy
Terrible Lie
Closer/The Only Time
Gave Up
Me, I'm Not
Find My Way
The Great Destroyer
Eraser
Wish
Only
The Hand That Feeds
Head Like A Hole
Hurt
Side note: I understand that they always have to play "Hurt," since it was a hit and all, but seriously, it's one of my least favorite NIN songs. Could it ever be switched up and put somewhere maybe in the middle of the set, and we could end on a higher note? Or an angry note? or something else? Maybe I'm in the minority here.

Maybe I've been to too many NIN shows. Scratch that. No such thing as too many NIN shows.

Rock On,
Jen @ Hell Razor
now playing:
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google+