11.18.2013

Purple and Black

Betties N Brimstone OOTD
shoes - Shoe Carnival / dress ASOS curve / tights - We Love Colors

Today is kind of a plain OOTD.  But I love this dress.  You first saw it here, in January, with black tights and some real swanky shoes.  I've been brainstorming ways to wear if differently, but because it has long sleeves, I worry about it being too bulky with a sweater over... also, if I wear a scarf, I'll lose the awesome collar detail.  So we'll see.  I'm sure I'll wear this on the blog again.

Betties N Brimstone OOTD

I got lots of compliments on my purple tights this day.  I like wearing colorful tights with my otherwise-neutral dresses.

Betties N Brimstone OOTD

These shoes are a nice break from my usual ballet flats.  But they have a nice sturdy sole, so my feet aren't aching terribly by the time I get home.

I had an okay kind of week last week.  I've been really busy, as in, I had something (if not several somethings) to do every night of the week, and I don't really enjoy that.  I did a vendor event last week that was ok (in the sense that I made my money back for the table fee), but I didn't really do well overall.  I clearly didn't fit in amongst the other vendors, and many of the women shopping simply passed me by, if even giving me a fleeting glance - as though if they came "too close" to my table, they might "catch" it - my tacky tacky halloween skull and eyeball merchandise.  Ugh.  I hate feeling like that, and I kind of would have preferred to just have my night at home.  But live and learn, right?  If I didn't try it, I wouldn't have known that it wasn't really for me.

I hate feeling like I don't fit in.  I don't feel like that around my friends, which is why they're my friends, and I love them!  But stepping out of my comfort area is hard to do, and when it doesn't go well (like at a vendor event where I clearly don't fit in!), I'm really quick to retract back into my shell, and it's hard to take chances again.

Ok, done feeling sorry for myself.  I had a LOT of awesome things this past week, too.  A surprise party for my friend Lisa!  It was so much fun.  I felt very lucky to be there, a part of her group of close friends.  It made me feel special, and I was so happy for her and to see her get surprised by everyone!

I also went to a derby class on Saturday morning and had ACTION SHOTS taken of me skating!  So, assuming I'm not horribly embarrassed by them, I will share them with you real soon, too.  That was really fun.

Rock on,
Jen @ Hell Razor
now playing:
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google+