11.11.2013

It's A Sweater!

Betties N Brimstone: Outfit of the Day
dress - Forever 21+ / sweater - JCPenney / leggings - Torrid / scarf - gift (Kohl's?) / boots - Torrid
If you caught my nod to the Three Amigos in the post title, twenty gold stars for you! :)

I think I've mentioned wanting a red-orange sweater for a while now, so I decided to go and hunt for one.  To my surprise, JCPenney.com actually had one - AND it came in an XXL.  Kudos to you, JCPenney!  You can also have twenty gold stars.  It's that kinda day.

Betties N Brimstone: Outfit of the Day

I bought this sweater very purposefully to wear with my glasses dress, but since I've already shown you that dress twice, I'll hold off on styling it up again, even though I super love that darn dress...

This sweater goes well with a LOT of my clothes, which surprised me since I do not own much of anything orange, and it's not my favorite color (although this red-orange shade is growing on me quite a bit...), but it complements lots of the other colors I own, like black or blue or purple.  I have a lot of those.

So today was the galaxy dress.  This dress is very lightweight and flowy and layered, so I enjoyed juxtaposing it with a heavier and chunky knit sweater, which made the whole ensemble very fall-appropriate.

Betties N Brimstone: Outfit of the Day

Art teacher pro tip: blue and orange are complementary colors, which means that they are opposite each other on the color wheel, and make each other look the most vibrant, which means it's always a good pairing!

Betties N Brimstone: Outfit of the Day

The first time I wore this dress, it was still way too freaking hot outside.  I like this second version way better.  And it's comfy, too!  The sweater + scarf combo is like wearing a blanky all day.  Ready for a nap at any time!

Betties N Brimstone: Outfit of the Day

On this day, I decided to get a little crazy on the eyeshadow front, even though my makeup photography is somewhat lacking.  Can you see my rainbow lids?

Betties N Brimstone: Outfit of the Day

Ah, there's a close-up.  Yep, that's pink, yellow, and turquoise shadows, which will give you a slight orange blend/overlap at the pink/yellow border, and a green hue at the yellow/turquoise meetup.  So much art teacher nerdery going on this day.  Enjoy.

Rock on,
Jen @ Hell Razor
now playing:
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google+