10.30.2013

Stripes & Dingle Balls

Betties N Brimstone: Outfit of the Day
dress - target / shirt - Macy's / leggings - Torrid / scarf - Betseyville (via JCPenney) / glasses - Coastal.com / boots - MooShoes
Betties N Brimstone: Outfit of the Day

So this whole outfit comes from the fact that I bought a Betseyville scarf on clearance via JCPenney.com, and I thought it was amazing because it has dingle balls.  It happens to be a color that I do not have a lot of, so I decided that a more neutral black/white/gray palette would be a good way to pair it up.

Betties N Brimstone: Outfit of the Day

I have been playing around with mixing patterns lately, so I thought I might as well go for it with this outfit - I have two different kinds of stripes, the lace pattern of the dress, and the daisy pattern of the scarf.  I think it turned out pretty good!  My measure of success is whether or not I feel weird during the day... you know those days when you walk out the door, thinking "hmm I don't feel 100% about my look today but I think it's ok?" but then all day you just feel like you want to go home and change (your outfit/hair/shoes/whatever) because you're just uncomfortable with it?  Well, this was NOT one of those times, so that's how I decided that this was a successful combination.

I really hope that my train of thought makes sense to at least someone who reads this.  Sometimes type, and then I read my narrative back to myself and I just think "my god this is kind of weird..."

Betties N Brimstone: Outfit of the Day

Now that the weather is chilly I like to wear my glasses sometimes.  I really like my glasses, but if it's humid or kind of warm or I might get sweaty, then forget it - no glasses.  I can't stand when the bridge of the glasses gets sweaty and gross on my nose.  Another glasses indicator is sunny-ness.  If it's too sunny and bright out, then I want to wear my sunglasses, so it's a no-go.

So, the advantage of overcast chilly days = glasses.  At least there's something good about those days, right?  My glasses are from Coastal.com, where they have one of those "first pair free" offers.  That wasn't the case for me though, because my lenses are SO THICK that I had to have the thing done to them that makes them thinner (but in the end they're still pretty gosh darn thick) and I ended up paying around $100 for these.  Still a steal.  And I get compliments on them all of the time.

Betties N Brimstone: Outfit of the Day

Here are some outfit detail close-ups.  I love my combat boots, especially now with my new insoles!

Rock on,
Jen @ Hell Razor
now playing:
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google+