7.29.2013

What about the little guys?

Betties N Brimstone: $9/month? No thanks!

Boo.  Passionfruit has decided to start charging everyone $9/month to use their services.

Don't get me wrong - I really like Passionfruit, I think it's a wonderful service... I really liked the convenience of it, and how it basically runs itself - I didn't need to do much in my end... but I can't afford it.  I've never "sold" a single ad, even though I offer that option.  I've only had the chance to use it for swaps.

Now, if I made at least $9/month using the service, I would happily sign up for it because I'd be breaking even and it'd be worth it.

But in the meantime, I will just have to insert html code myself and manage my own ads until:
a.) something else comes along
b.) I actually make enough money to afford Passionfruit
c.) Passionfruit changes their pricing
Yeah, I know, in the grand scheme of things, this is a minor thing.  Yeah, I know, people should stop whining about stuff that they get for FREE.  But something about this feels kind of wrong, like a bait and switch.  It only really caters to the big bloggers, and isn't helpful for small-time people like myself.

This whole thing really bothers me.  It just doesn't feel right.  And it sucks.

So hey, if you wanna swap ads with me, please DO!  But after September 1st, I'll just have to run things a little bit differently.  I'm thinking of making some Google forms to fill out info, and then you'll just need to manually e-mail me your ad photo...

I have some time to work it all out, and I'll be updating the swap page when that time comes.

Anyone else out there in the same boat as me?

Rock on,
Jen @ Hell Razor
now playing:
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google+