6.26.2013

My favorite FUN kitchen tools!

Betties N Brimstone: Fun kitchen stuff!

I was working in the kitchen last week and I realized how many fun kitchen tools I have, and thought it might be fun to go through and share a bunch of them with you.  Most of these I've purchased via Amazon (I recently sucked it up and bought myself a Prime membership - now I'm going crazy with the window - and sometimes actual - shopping!).

Betties N Brimstone: Fun kitchen stuff!

Above are my measuring cups and spoons.  I saw the set of Matryoshka doll measuring cups at Target during the holiday season, and when I went back to get them, they were gone.  Thankfully, and Amazon search quickly fixed that problem.  The sets of heart-shaped cups and spoons are also thanks to Amazon.  I bought them shortly after I received my pink KitchenAid mixer for my birthday.  I figured that new measuring utensils were in order.

Betties N Brimstone: Fun kitchen stuff!

I also like to shop on Amazon when I'm looking for an unusual kitchen item, just to see if there are any "fun" versions available.  For instance, Todd and I were looking for corn holders (we love corn on the cob via the grill!) and I didn't want those boring ones I always see in stores.  I was really excited to find these colorful Butter Baby holders that looked like tiny men - and they fit together to store when you're not using them!  How cool!  While shopping for these holders, I also stumbled upon the Cherry Chomper, a little guy that pits your cherries by pressing down on his head!  Iggy's going to have fun with this one once he's a little older, I'm sure!

Betties N Brimstone: Fun kitchen stuff!

Traditional Father's Day gifts include stuff like ties, sports equipment, and tools, right?  So for Father's Day this year, I bought Todd this pizza cutter that looks like a table saw!  (Don't worry, he also got a LEGO set, so he's cool.)  The magic hat toothpick holder is also one of Todd's items - we bought it at a little store (now closed) in Oak Park, but you can (of course) find it on Amazon, too.

Betties N Brimstone: Fun kitchen stuff!

Once again, proving that you can buy pretty much anything on Amazon... I bought the purple dishwashing brush at HomeGoods during Halloween.  I just looked on Amazon, and hey - here it is!  The pastasaurus green pasta scoop was something I just couldn't resist...

We have a large collection of snazzy bar items, too, but I grabbed only a couple to share here.  The first is our skull bottle opener (I'm pretty sure this was Target Halloween), you can find a similar opener here.  The second are space invader colorform glass markers - I'm sure they're intended for wine glasses, but we use them on all kinds of glasses.  BONUS - they stick to our tile backsplash in the kitchen when I have to take them off to wash the dishes!

Betties N Brimstone: Fun kitchen stuff!

Lastly, even if you can't find an oddly-shaped "fun" kitchen item, you can still usually find kitchen tools in fun colors!  My personal favorite is PURPLE.  So far I've accumulated a purple tea kettle, a purple spatula, a purple cake cutter/server, and a purple turner.

Do you have a favorite kitchen item color?

Rock on,
Jen @ Hell Razor
now playing:
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google+