5.08.2013

I hate hot weather. Boo.

OOTD Betties N Brimstone
dress - Target / leggings - Torrid / shoes - Sketchers / shirt - Target

We had a couple of days last week where it got really hot.  Like, annoyingly hot.  Ugh.  And all I wear to work is pretty much cardigans over stuff.  So, what to do... I wore a boring t-shirt and jeans combo a couple of days, but I wanted to get back into my dresses.  So on this day, I decided that cropped leggings would allow my legs to get a little fresh air (as opposed to boots), and I wore a 3/4 sleeve striped shirt under my Target lace dress (yep, you've seen this gem before - here and here).  I still felt comfortable in terms of being "covered up" (I'm not at the exposed arms stage yet... but I'm working on it!) but also comfortable in terms of the warmer weather.  So yays all around.

OOTD Betties N Brimstone

I don't think you've ever gotten to see this dress NOT covered up.  The back has a long chunky zipper on it, which I'm a big fan of.  I like the juxtaposition of a more delicate material like lace being paired up with a more industrial/functional item like a big zipper.

My shirt is from Target, but several years ago.  In fact, it's kind of reaching the end of it's life (its really worn and I think it has a stain on front, but when I wear it like this you'd never know - except I just told you) but I don't want to get rid of it until I have a suitable replacement.  In fact, I also own it in black and grey stripe, too.  Suggestions?

Outfit details:

OOTD Betties N Brimstone

I can't seem to get out of these darned Sketchers shoes.  They're so comfortable, and I found little footie socks that fit with them so my feet stay nice and not all sweaty.  I'm always looking for other shoes, but these work so well with everything...

Rock on,
Jen @ Hell Razor
now playing:
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google+