4.03.2013

Currently...

kitchen aid mixer

Loving... My new Kitchen Aid mixer. I made corn muffins and chocolate chip cookies so far, and they turned out great! The mixer was my birthday present (my birthday actually isn't until next week). I'm hoping to try some kind of bread dough soon.

Daydreaming... About spring cleaning, fixing up the house, and warmer weather! Opening up the windows always feels so great - the breeze of fresh air across the house is so energizing! We've done some cleaning up already over spring break (an entire day tidying up the art studio!), but I'm having so much fun daydreaming about future plans too. Like about how I'd love to spruce up the kitchen - I have so much fun cooking and spending time in there, I'd love to really remodel and refresh the cabinets and tweak our layout a little bit.

dream kitchen

I found this picture via Pinterest (here is the original post it's from) and I love the idea of shifting cabinetry all the way up to the ceiling and adding a horizontal shelf. I have a lot of cute dishes and kitchen gadgets that would look really great on open shelving...

Thinking about... How much I enjoyed time off during spring break, and how hard it is to go back to work. I can't shake the feeling that I may not be doing what I'm supposed to be doing with my life. I know I'm an awesome teacher. But I just don't feel happy. I don't feel fulfilled in this job. In fact, it drags me down, stresses me out, and makes me feel bad about myself. I often feel like I work my butt off for nothing. I'm constantly being beat down. I'm not sure how much longer I can thrive in that environment. I've started a savings account in the hopes to one day escape this path for another.

Rock on,
Jen @ Hell Razor
now playing:
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google+