2.09.2013

My encounter with a total jerk.

I had a horrible morning, and I wanted to share the story just to get it off of my chest.
via
I decided to run to Starbucks this morning to pick up coffee for myself and my husband.  We're normally Dunkin Donuts people, but I thought I'd do something special today.  So I drove to the store closest to me, found a parking spot, and began to walk across the parking lot to enter the building.

A man in an older white car flies around the corner and drives really fast towards me.  I kept walking, and said out loud "whoa there, wanna give me a sec?" and I didn't look to see if his window was open, I just kept walking.

Welllll... apparently it was, because he decided to yell "F--- YOU!" (only not censored) out the window at me.  I turned, shocked, and said "well, good morning to you, too!" in a surprised voice as I walked in.

Welllll... apparently this guy didn't think it was weird at all to park his car a few spaces down from mine and walk right into the Starbucks, where I was waiting in line.

Awkward, right?  That's what I would've thought.

My typical reaction would have been to put my head down, not make eye contact, and slink away, not wanting to be confrontational.  But I was thinking about this as he walked in, and I suddenly had this surge of "hey, I'm not about to let this macho jackass try to push me around and make me feel victimized here!"

So I stared at him, trying to make eye contact, and said to him, "was that really necessary?"

He looks at me and says (in the same angry/yelling bully voice as outside) "I have no idea what you're talking about!"

And I said, "When you decided to yell F- You at me out in the parking lot.  That was really mean."

And he starts to raise his voice even more, rambling, "You're just making stuff up, I don't know why you're being so rude... blah blah blah..."

So I end it there.  I mutter "well, I'm sorry then..." under my voice.  I place my order, pay for it, and walk over to the other side to pick up my drink.  I refuse to engage this man any more.

The barista looks at him and says "May I take your order?" and the man starts shouting, "Oh NOW is it OK to go?  It's OK if I place my order NOW?"  and rambles some more blah blah blah other junk that I tune out.

I quickly and quietly tell the other barista (a female, who's making my drink) what happened in the parking lot, and I ask her to please watch me to make sure I make it to my car safely and drive away with out incident.  I tell her that I'm seriously a little afraid of this guy. She says yes.

I get out safely and drive THE HELL AWAY FROM THERE.  I call my husband form the car and I burst into tears.  I hate when random strangers try to make me feel inferior.

He was clearly a rage-aholic who had a chip on his shoulder from the moment he drove around the corner, but probably way before that...  It wasn't my fault, and I didn't bring this on myself.  But it's moments like this that I wish I was a male bodybuilder who could totally pummel jerks like this and shut them up.

This man obviously thought he could insult, swear, and shout at me and then walk right into the same place and I wouldn't say a thing.  He picked the wrong girl today.

Have you ever had anything like this happen to you?  What did you do?  What would you have done in a situation like this?

Rock on,
Jen @ Hell Razor
now playing:
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google+