1.16.2013

Heavy Metal Dreamcatcher



Okay, this is a project I've had in my brain for a while now, and I've been working on it for the last couple of weeks.  It's a prototype for possible future products in the Hell Razor store (heh - it's the teacher in me to always do a "sample" first!).  I ended up giving this dreamcatcher to Todd for his music studio space, but I see a possibility of more to come in the future...!!!

I'm really NOT into dreamcatchers as a general idea.  I thought they were really cool back in middle school, but now it's kind of hippy-dippy whatever (in my humble opinion, you don't need to agree with me, it's ok).  But the idea to make a dreamcatcher with a pentagram was really humorous in my head (you know, that alternate universe where you find things funny but the rest of the world just kind of looks at you like "hey weirdo...").  I also thought an anarchy dreamcatcher would be really funny, too.

So here's the deal: you can buy all of the supplies, like a hoop and the suede cording and junk, at most craft stores (I got mine at Michaels).  When you create your "web" for the dreams to become caught in, you just make it NOT a web, and instead a pentagram or whatever else you might think looks neat-o.

(In case you haven't caught on yet, this is NOT a detailed DIY post...)

This is more of an inspiration post, an idea you might wish to try on your own.  If you do make one, share in the comments below because I'd love to see what you come up with!  If not, no worries, I think that eventually a few of these babies may pop up in the Hell Razor shop (albeit maybe not until the summer when I have more time on my hands...), but you could always wait around and snag one then, too.



Of course, if you really truly can't wait and want me to make you one, lemme know if you're interested in a custom listing or something.  That just might motivate me to get my butt in gear!

Rock on - Jen.

now playing: 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google+