10.15.2012

Girl who wears glasses.

I've had glasses since the second grade.  For eighth grade graduation, I was finally (FINALLY!) allowed to have contacts.  But until then, middle school was awful.  Because I had glasses.  Well, I also had braces and a perm.  It's like the trifecta of awfulness, now that I look back on it.

But I hated glasses.

Now, many many years later, glasses are not so bad.  Sometimes I wear them on purpose.  The last time I got new ones, I went to one of those places where you "buy one, get one free" which is never ever true in my case because my lenses are so thick, I have to pay extra to have them compressed or thinned out or whatever they do with them.  I went ahead and bought the "two for one" deal.  I felt kinda "meh" about both pairs, but felt like I did okay.  Then afterwards, I wished I had just gone somewhere with more fun glasses and just gotten one pair.  See old glasses below (top right, and bottom row):

Photobucket Photobucket

I kept reading about Coastal.com for glasses, especially the first pair free deal, and I was really curious. I actually put a pair in my shopping cart and almost bought them until I realized my lenses still ended up costing me about $100 after the "free" part (due to the aforementioned need to thin them out).  Besides, the pair that I really wanted were out of stock and unlikely to come back.  I signed up for a wait list just in case they did...

Yayy!  I had basically given up on these sweet Derek Cardigan 7005 glasses when I magically received an email a few weeks ago that they were BACK in STOCK!!!  Woo hoo!  I went right away and ordered them, even though I was going to have to spend money on those dang thinner lenses... I've been looking for a good cat-eye pair for a LONG time...

Photobucket

I super love them.  I've worn them almost every day since I've gotten them.  The only thing I dislike is getting used to carrying around one of those microfiber cloths all the time, since I have oily skin which will smudge the glasses big time if I bump them into my face.  Also, I have an 8 month old who tries to grab them and gets baby drool all over.  Other than that, we're all good.

I'm glad that I took the chance and ordered through Coastal.com.  Next time I'm in the market for new glasses, I'll probably go through them again.  In case you're wondering, they have a "virtual try-on" where you take a photo with your webcam and you can superimpose the frames over your face.  Not 100% accurate, but decent for a general idea.  But I've been a glasses girl so long, I know what I want when I see them!

This is not a sponsored post, and I did not receive anything for free above and beyond what you can when you shop there for the first time, too!  I'm just really happy with my purchase and wanted to share!

now playing:
Thunderhorse by Dethklok on Grooveshark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google+