7.25.2012

Miss Lou and Award Number Two

...Hey, that title sounds like a Dr. Seuss book. Hmm.

Do you read Miss Lou's Blog, Elousions?  Well, on Monday she did this wardrobe post where she had on some Hell Razor accessories that I sent her!  She looks super cute, so if you haven't had the opportunity to stop by, please do so.  Remember you can always buy your own Hell Razor accessories at the Etsy shop, or contact me if you're interested in doing a giveaway (or other ideas, I'm always open to suggestions) on your blog!

Miss Lou

In other news, I just got nominated for a second blog award.  As per my previous post regarding blog awards, I'll definitely answer questions, but won't "tag" other people to continue the chain.
Here goes:

This is a Liebster Award given to me by Amber at Wind and The Willow.

Other than the nominating other people part, the rules state that you have to post 11 things about yourself, and you have to answer 11 questions posted by whoever nominated you.

11 Facts About Me:
(this is hard because I just did this a few days ago...)

  1. My astrological sign is Aries.
  2. My favorite band in middle school was Def Leppard, and it's still in my list of top bands!
  3. I'm pretty excited about the new Baz Luhrmann movie "The Great Gatsby" featuring Leo DiCaprio because it reminds me of Baz's Romeo and Juliet, which I love.
  4. I twist my hair when I'm in the car driving and I'm impatient.  I don't even realize I'm doing it most of the time.
  5. I also pick at my nail polish once it starts to chip off.  I can't leave it alone.
  6. I like to personalize things with decorations or stickers.  I like things to look "cute."
  7. I'm more of a spender than a saver.  I have to work on that.
  8. I like to cook, but my strength lies in making dinner more than making dessert.  I'm not so good at baking.
  9. I have a personal vendetta against Dell computers.  We have them at work and I hate them.  They never work right, and they don't last.
  10. Speaking of things I don't like... TOMS.  They're ugly.  I don't get it.  People are buying the knockoff ones right now, so that doesn't even give shoes to needy children.  Plus, just making them glittery doesn't make them any better or more fashionable.  Aargh! 
  11. Uggs and Crocs and go right in that same "horrible trend" category as TOMS.  Why, people, why?!!!

Amber's 11 Questions to me are:
1. What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry?

I saw The Avengers last week and when Iron Man was flying into the wormhole to save the earth, I got a little teary...

2. If you were to win the lottery,what would you do with the money?
Easy.  Quit work.  Open and run my own business; not care if it's successful because I'm rich!  Give a bunch of money to my family members so they're comfortable too.

3. What is a song that you're listening to on repeat lately?
The new No Doubt single "Settle Down."

4. What chore do you hate doing?
Cleaning the bathroom.  Worst job ever.

5. What are some things that help you relax?
Computering.  Playing Plants vs Zombies on my phone or iPad.

6. What story does your family always tell about you?

Usually some anecdote where I'm being a bossy kid, like the time I took all of my birthday presents and locked myself in the bathroom so no one else could play with the toys except me.  I'm the oldest, so I think that's where the bossiness comes from...

7. What is the farthest you have ever been from home?

Not too far, probably Canada.  California?  Which is farther?  I'm in the midwest, so maybe California is farther...

8. Name a movie that you could watch over and over again.

The Cable Guy.  I freaking love that movie.

9. What is one of your favorite quotes?

"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible." - Frank Zappa

10. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
Tattoo.  Anyone wanna teach me?

11. What do you miss most about being a kid?

Not having to worry about bills; less responsibility.  That's about it.  There's a lot of sucky parts about being a kid that we tend to forget about when we're older.  It wasn't always so great.

Thanks again to Amber for the nomination!

now playing:
When I Grow Up by Garbage on Grooveshark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google+