1. Thank the blogger who nominated you
2. Include a link to their blog
3. Include the award image in your blog post
4. Give 7 random facts about yourself
5. Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award
6. When nominating, include a link to their site
7. Let the bloggers know they have been nominated
Okay. First of all, I'd like to say thank you, Kat, of Mom, Uncensored. It was very nice of you to think of me and reference the Hell Razor blog on your blog. I truly appreciate that.
The award image is listed above, so now onto #4 - seven random facts about myself. This is hard because I've done something similar on my about page anyways... but here goes:
- I love Diet Coke. I drink too much and I'm trying to cut back on it.
- I wish I had a Boston Terrier. I want to name him Ronnie James Dio, but in the meantime, I just named my external hard drive that instead.
- I wish I could quit teaching and become a professional tattoo artist. But 33-year-olds with a baby and a mortgage don't exactly have the opportunity (financially or time wise) to find and complete an apprenticeship...
- I'm in the process of trying to completely eliminate cable tv from our house. It's a waste of money, and we have an Apple TV and Netflix. Seems unnecessary and expensive in today's economy.
- My favorite Xbox game is Rockband, and I like to be the band singer.
- I'm really good at playing devil's advocate in discussions (even when I totally agree with the person I'm having a discussion with), and it can sometimes come across as antagonistic. Whoops.
- I keep toying with the idea of cutting my long hair shorter, but I know that if I do, I'll instantly wish that I hadn't.
As far as instructions #5, 6, & 7 go... I'm going to politely decline them. I decided to go along and play the blog award game, but I'm not going to pass it along, since it can sometimes come across as a little "chain-letter-y" to me. I don't think it's everybody's cup of tea?
I in NO WAY feel like I'm too good for, or "above" anyone else out here, so I definitely won't ignore somebody who takes the time to reference me or Hell Razor on their blog and/or give me an award. I think it's really sweet. But I'm way too self-conscious to call out other people to respond to an award I give out. Who the hell am I? Definitely no kind of authority on blogging, that's for sure. I just write junk that I feel, and if you like it, great. If not, feel free to not read. That's okay too!
I hope that makes sense. I don't know how others feel, and I realize that despite my best efforts to state this in a kind and respectful manner, I may be alienating a certain portion of the blogging world, but I'm putting it out there anyway... Thoughts?