6.28.2012

Window Shopping

Art Teacher Uniform
Reversible dress, $36 Cardigan, $38 Free People fishnet stocking, $28 Maison Martin Margiela distressed boots, $855 Proenza Schouler genuine leather handbag, $1,812 Joomi Lim stacking bangle, $124 Wildfox Couture long necklace, $60

It's super hot outside the last two days, so I'm spending time window shopping and daydreaming about things that I wish I could wear if only money was absolutely NO object (hey $1,812 handbag!) AND I was a little closer (um, okay, a lot closer) to my WW goal.

Seriously, plus size fashion bites the big one. Torrid used to be a really cool store (I worked there during my first summer of teaching, back when they still had mega cool goth clothes and denim jackets with red furry trim and dickies nurse dresses and cardigans with tattoo swallows and saddle shoes.)  Now they only have skinny jeans and blousy tops with banded bottoms (what?!) and black dress pants for wearing to the "office." Boooooo Torrid. I really have to hunt to find something cool, it's so few and far between. A little while back, they did have a cute retro line that I think had some internet only pieces.

Don't get me started on Lane Bryant either. They're pretty expensive (by my standards) and the designs are lame if you prefer your designs even the slightest bit outside of the norm.

The thing I really dislike is that although I've seen some online options for plus-sized shopping, I hate to order clothing that I can't even try on. Sizing isn't standard for most people, let alone the big gals...

Advice on shopping? Anyone? Anyone?
now playing:
Everybody Knows by Concrete Blonde on Grooveshark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google+