6.13.2012

summer cocktail

Lemonade

Last summer (right before I found out that I was pregnant!) I shared a summer cocktail idea that involved Diet Cherry 7-Up and Chambord vodka.  I also learned that I have a tendency to post really lousy photographs on my blog (Seriously, go check out that post.  Can I get some more lighting up in here?).

But this year is something new.  I hereby proclaim this summer the SUMMER OF BLUEBERRY LEMONADE!!!

It's super simple and delicious.  You will need:
  • blueberry vodka, like this one from Smirnoff (about $12 a bottle)
  • lemonade
  • fresh blueberries, for garnish
I get a nice sized glass, like a BIG rocks glass or a water glass.  Here I used a mason jar, like a jelly jar.  I put some ice in and dumped 1 shot (1.5 oz) of blueberry vodka in.  Then I topped off the glass the rest of the way with lemonade.  We like to use the suger-free lemonade packets that you mix into a standard-size bottle of water.  I got two glasses of lemonade from one 16.9 oz bottle, if you're looking for a more "precise" measurement of how much lemonade I used.  Then I skewered 5 fatty fresh blueberries onto a blue (seemed appropriate) plastic drink skewer/stirrer, and stirred.

Voila!  Awesome refreshing blueberry lemonade!  This would be a great recipe for a party, like to make a whole pitcher's worth (make sure it's super clearly marked for adults only!) or for a punch bowl.

It got me thinking how cool it would be to make lemonade ice cubes with fresh blueberries frozen right in them.  What a great accent to a punch bowl for a summer barbecue!

How about you?  Got any fun summer drink ideas?

now playing:
Psychosocial by Slipknot on Grooveshark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google+