4.05.2012

DIY: Non-tangle Earbuds

One of the things I love to look for on Pinterest is ideas for projects and things to make. I loved the look of this particular idea: “How to Prevent Earbud Tangles with Old School Friendship Bracelet Knotting” – details are found on the Contemporary Farmgirl website:

http://contemporaryfarmgirl.blogspot.com/2012/01/how-to-prevent-earbud-tangles-with-old.html

…so I won’t do a full DIY tutorial here (you can use her blog post instead, she’s done a really complete job of explaining all of the steps).

But I was really happy with how my earbuds turned out in the end, so I thought I’d share some photos with you here:

ear buds

I learned a few things in this process. My earbud cords were longer than the traditional “free” pair that you get with your Apple products; therefore I needed more embroidery floss than suggested in the tutorial.  Also, I neglected to read carefully and should have knotted the two sections with the earbuds starting from the actual earbud down – I, instead, worked from the “Y” split to the earbud, and it was a little tricky at the end trying to knot around a floppy earbud end… but not impossible.

What do you think? This took me a weekend and one additional evening’s worth of work to complete this. Do you think you’d have the patience? At least in the end you have some pretty spiffy earbuds!

now playing:
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google+