11.28.2011

Dill Dip Awesomeness.

It's a little late to give you a recipe for Thanksgiving seeing as its already passed, but I can share my recipe with you for ANYTIME use!  Technically, this isn't "my" recipe... it's from my mother-in-law.

This year, we had Thanksgiving dinner at my mom's house.  That was pretty awesome because I really enjoy her dinner, which always includes pasta.  However, I was missing one thing about dinner at my husband's uncle's house, which was my mother-in-laws Dill Dip appetizer.  She serves it with Beefsteak Rye bread cut into small chunky pieces, and it is fantastic.


...luckily, I have the recipe!

So, I made a double batch.  I took one container to my mom's house to share with everyone, and kept one for myself here at home, hee hee.  Now, I share it with you.  Super easy to make, and works especially well if you make it the night before and let it sit!

Mom's Dill Dip
Ingredients:
  • 2/3 cup mayonnaise (I used "light," but mom usually uses the regular stuff)
  • 2/3 cup sour cream (again, I used "light," but mom uses regular)
  • 1 Tbsp. dehydrated minced onion
  • 1 Tbsp. dry parsley
  • 1 tsp. dill weed
  • 1 tsp. Lawry's seasoned salt
Directions:
In a small bowl, mix together all of the above ingredients.  Refrigerate several hours - better if it sets overnight!

Serve with something to dip: we like Beefsteak rye, but you could use any type of bread, or even use it for pretzels!  Yum!

now playing:
Born to Lose - The Devil Wears Prada
Dead Throne
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google+