8.13.2011

Momiji + Hello Kitty

momiji hello kitty 1

These dolls are part of a design collaboration between Momiji and Hello Kitty.  Momiji dolls are small collectible dolls that have an opening in the bottom to write secret notes!  There are six dolls designed in the Hello Kitty collection, and I chose to buy the Gigi and Astrid dolls.

momiji hello kitty 2

I first heard about Momiji dolls in an article about Gwen Stefani's Harajuku-themed tea party fundraiser to benefit earthquake and tsunami aid efforts in Japan.  Although I do love heavy metal, I'm also a huge Gwen Stefani/No Doubt fan (yeah, weird mix, I know).  The style of these Momiji dolls remind me of the Harajuku Lovers cartoon characters.  When I saw that Hello Kitty had a collaboration with Momiji, I was sold!

momiji hello kitty 3

By the way, have you heard about the Harajuku Mini for Target line that Gwen is collaborating on?  I'm so excited for this, and I hope that it includes little boy baby clothes, especially because Gwen is a mom of little boys - give us something cool too, please!  It's set to launch in stores early November, but you can find the school supplies and backpacks right now.  Trying to decide if I can afford to buy one for this school year for me...

momiji hello kitty 4

Oh, but I got off track there.  Here's a close-up of the secret message spot on the bottom of the Momiji dolls.  I can't bear to write anything on the paper though... I just want to keep them nice on display!

now playing:
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google+