5.07.2011

Sound of Saturday: Goatwhore

Goatwhore Album

...because yeah, you know, it's the evening before Mother's Day... how 'bout a little Goatwhore?  

This is a band we found out about from Blasko (Ozzy Osbourne bassist) on twitter.  A random tweet regarding the fact that he really liked the album, and Todd decided to check it out.  Interestingly enough, we were on our "mini-moon" (a 2-night stay in a fancy hotel off of Michigan Ave a couple weeks after our wedding... we still haven't had a real honeymoon yet) in downtown Chicago when we decided to seek out "Carving Out the Eyes of God."

There was a Best Buy on the lower floor of the Hancock building, so we decided to go look there for it.  No dice.  Apparently, black death metal isn't the big seller I thought it was... go figure...  Guy at Best Buy even looked at me a little weird when I asked for it.  We ended up just buying the digital download off of iTunes, and then were able to plug it into the hotel room alarm clock: a Bose radio with an eighth inch cord for attaching your iPod/mp3 player to it!  (I love when hotels do smart things like that.)

So, Goatwhore isn't for everybody, but it IS for me.  It's heavy, fast, angry, and hard.  It's one of those albums I like to play on my way home from work, when I'm stressed out and angry and need to blow off some steam.  Check out the video below here for some sweet uber-spiky arm gauntlets.  Where do ya think I can get me some of those?


p.s. I just wanted to add a disclaimer (to all who may wonder or speculate - not that it's any of your business!) regarding the "religion" thing... I do not worship Satan, but black metal/death metal bands are awesome to listen to for their musical value regardless.  Thank you and goodnite!

now playing:
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google+