5.31.2011

Rotofugi Field Trip

unicornos

On Monday, Todd and I went on a field trip with our friends Beth and Dylan to Rotofugi - the happiest place on earth!  Rotofugi is a designer toy store.  You can buy from them online and have it shipped to you, too.

I've been wanting to make another trip there for a while, ever since I heard that they had Tokidoki Unicornos in stock!  They're blind-box, so you don't know what you'll get.  I picked out three, figuring that any good collection has at least three items in it.  I ended up with Ritmo, Dolce, and Stellina.

unicorno box

Here's a close-up of Stellina.  I love these cute little guys so much!  I wish I'd bought a few more!  They're not too expensive either (as far as blind-box vinyl toys go) - $6.95 each.  They're all going to live in the Hell Razor art studio with me!

BFFS

I also picked up one of these cute BFF toys by Kidrobot.  I really wanted the heart + arrow, but the chances of that are usually slim.  I ended up with this cute marshmallow + fork, named "s. morrison & rusty jr."  Get it?  S'morrison?  Smores?!  Ha!

stickers

Then, at the register, there's a whole bunch of tiny buttons, stickers, and things of that sort.  I picked out a whole stash of stickers from Tokidoki and Gamma Go.  Also before leaving, I grabbed a spiffy zipper pouch from Blue Q featuring Marshall the marshmallow.  I'm thinking it would make a great pencil pouch or makeup bag, due to its larger size.

If you're in the Chicago area, I cannot recommend highly enough that you make a stop at Rotofugi!  They're located at 2780 N. Lincoln Ave, and open from 11 am to 7 pm every day.  You can call ahead if you're looking for something specific: 773-868-3308.  And, if you're really lucky, one of the Jack Russell terriers might be in-store to say hello.  (Unfortunately, not today, but I've been lucky to see them before!)

Do you live in the Chicago area?  Have a favorite place to shop at?  Let me know!

now playing:
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google+