3.07.2011

What's In My Bag, er, Case?

A common feature amongst fashion bloggers is the "What's in my purse?" blog post.  Seeing as I'm not a traditional fashion blogger, I decided to do a "What's in my art case?" post instead.  My art case was a birthday gift from Todd before we got married.  It's a Coffin Case that's actually meant for drumsticks, but it's the perfect size for my art stuff.  It's durable, and it looks awesome!



...and here's what it looks like on the inside:


I love art supplies that have their own cases, like tins.  So I have a set of drawing pencils by Faber-Castell that I bought simply because I loved the metal tin to keep them in:


I have several sets of colored pencils in tins, too.  Here is one of my favorite soft-lead colored pencils by Bruynzeel.  I received them as a donation from another teacher I work with, but I really like to use them myself!  I'm usually a pretty hard-core Prismacolor fan, so this was unusual for me:


Besides my two tins, I also have a black "banker's bag" (also a purchase from Todd) that I use for loose pencils, erasers, pens, sharpeners, and other essential items:



Here's what I had in my pencil bag today:

  • 7 - Dixon Ticonderoga yellow #2 pencils
  • 1 - Ticonderoga "Sensematic" mechanical pencil
  • 1 - Carmine Red Ticonderoga "Checking" pencil
  • 1 - generic brand pink sparkle glitter pencil (gift from Todd)
  • 1 - Prismacolor Woodless Graphite pencil
  • 1 - Prismacolor Colorless Blender pencil
  • 1 - Sanford Verithin white pencil
  • 1 - Koh-I-Noor Hardtmuth "Magic" yellow/red/orange muticolor pencil
  • 1 - Koh-I-Noor Technigraph 5611C drafting pencil
  • 1 - Faber Castell Art Grip Aquarelle pencil (yellow-green) #166
  • 1 - Pilot Precise V7 rolling ball pen 
  • 1 - Avery eGlide Rollerball pen
  • 2 - Bic ball-point pens in black
  • 1 - Bic Atlantis retractable ball-point pen
  • 1 - Papermate 1.2M ball point pen
  • 1 - Uniball Signo retractable black pen
  • 1 - Pilot Easytouch retractable pen (small size)
  • 1 - Koh-I-Noor colored pencil extender/charcoal holder
  • 1 - X-acto Gripster knife with cap
  • 1 - cube pencil sharpener, made in Japan (purchased at MOMA NYC gift shop)
  • 1 - Prismacolor pencil sharpener
  • 1 - Maped epure white triangular eraser
Wow.  Guess I really like Ticonderoga.

I'm trying to incorporate my posts with small features of Hell Razor products, so I'd like to take this moment to introduce a new rosary necklace I've made.  I figured coffins, rosaries, yeah... that goes together, right?


This is an extra-long blue beaded rosary necklace I purchased from a thrift store and re-vamped into a sweet vintage-style necklace.  I used a faux shark's tooth charm along with a charm from an old vintage piece I disassembled a while back.  Is it a leaf?  A flower?  A fly?  A bumblebee?  I don't know, but the combination of these colors just seemed right.  Perfect for spring and summer dresses.


My favorite part of this necklace is that it will come with a white rosary pouch.  And you now know how much I like things that come in their own cases, right?

now playing:
Lies of the Beautiful People - Sixx A.M.
Lies of the Beautiful People
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google+