3.13.2011

Sunday CMYK!


I saw a photo of someone with nails painted CMYK on another blog that I read, and became fascinated with the concept.  So I dug through my nail polish and found that I already had yellow, magenta, and black ("Key," or the "K" in CMYK).  I went to Ulta to find a good Cyan and also a white (athough white isn't "C,M,Y," or "K," I needed a fifth color and CMYK is a printing process for light, usually white, paper...).  I thought this would be a fun look for this week, especially since it feels more like spring now that we've had daylight savings time!


From left to right, here's what I ended up using: Rimmel London Lasting Finish Pro in 430 Black Satin, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in 10 Lightening, OPI in La Paz-itively Hot, China Glaze in 550 Aqua Baby, and OPI in Alpine Snow.  I'm also trying out something new this week: Sally Hansen "Dries Instantly" top coat.  It was recommended to me by an acquaintance last week when I was complaining about my chipping polish, so I'm eager to see if it helps.

In unrelated news, Todd and I went on a shopping spree at Binny's on Saturday.  We were out of a lot of beverage essentials, so we re-stocked and also took advantage of the situation to purchase some cheese and crackers - Humboldt Fog cheese!  Have you had it before?  It's my absolute favorite treat.


I saw this wine and thought it looked fantastic.  We didn't buy it because it was $24 a bottle.  Granted, not the most expensive wine ever, but we usually make a habit of keeping our wine bottles under $15 if possible.  Maybe if we have a fancy occasion coming up.  I'll keep it in mind.


Then, I saw these!  I love love love these tequila bottles!  Todd and I had a bottle of Crystal Head Vodka at our wedding, and these are the perfect complement.  Once again, the price (coupled with the fact that I don't really drink tequila) held us back.

Do you sometimes buy your beverages based off of fun packaging like I do?

now playing:
Cowboys From Hell - Pantera
Cowboys From Hell

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google+