3.12.2011

Sound of Saturday: Every Time I Die


I have been listening to this album NON-STOP all week long.  It's been a rough week at work for both Todd and I, so, as a coping mechanism,  I usually listen to music real loud in the car on the way to and from work.  When I'm having a bad day, I like my music real heavy and real loud.  This album definitely fits the bill.

I remember Todd buying this album a long time ago (this album is from 2009), and I was initially fascinated by the cover artwork.  It reminds me of animation from Metalocalypse, one of our favorite shows. (By the way, if you've never seen it, you're missing out.  Go here and check it.)  Turns out the album artwork was actually done by the guitarist.  I love that fact!  Todd does the artwork for his music, too.

...Then I read the song titles, and they were pretty awesome, too: "Turtles All The Way Down," "Goddam Kids These Days," and "Who Invited The Russian Soldier?"  But ultimately, it was the sound that won me over completely.  The song that you may have heard before (assuming you may have heard one) is "Wanderlust," which I think is the most radio-friendly of all the songs on the album.  I like it.  But my favorite parts are when the lyrics are unpredictable for the style of music: "Is everyone comfortable?!  Is everyone having a good time?!" in a gutteral growl.  That's from "Host Disorder," one of my favorite songs on the album.

Keith Buckley, the singer from Every Time I Die, is also the vocalist for The Damned Things, which I talked about a few weeks back.  We bought tickets to the show coming up!  Yayy!

On an unrelated, but still musical note, Todd and I bought tickets to see Rammstein on May 10th at the Allstate Arena.  Woo hoo!

now playing:
Host Disorder - Every Time I Die
New Junk Aesthetic
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google+