3.15.2011

A sort-of outfit post.


So, I came across a lovely surprise when walking into Target yesterday.  Apparently, they've decided to re-issue dresses from 17 of their designer collections to celebrate five years of designer collaboration in their "GO International Designer Collective" program.  I purchased the Rodarte lace-print dress in black & tan (seen here), the Jovovitch-Hawk chiffon dot-print dress in black & tan, and the Tucker button-front dress in floral print.  I was pretty psyched to see the Tucker dress, since it was "the one that got away" last time around and I had to settle for a different print, but I am in LOVE with Target's designer lines.  I can't afford the real thing, so I live for these collections.

(If you're wondering, I tried to take a full outfit shot, but I was having one of those off-days where I didn't like any of the photos I took.  Plus, Motorhead was whining at the door wanting to come in, so I didn't have a ton of time before he went insane.)


I paired the Rodarte dress with a stretchy Betsey Johnson belt I purchased at Marshalls (see I told you I can't afford straight-up designer stuff!).  I was a little sad to hear that the Anna Sui for Target collection wasn't part of the 5 year anniversary reissue, but I think I still did pretty well with shopping, considering...


Because the overall outfit was so TAN, I went with some bright purply-magenta-ish tights.  They're from Kohls.  And these shoes are one of my all-time-favorite pairs because they're kind of a heel, so they make your legs look nicer, but they're comfy enough to wear all day.  I bought these at Sears on clearance, believe it or not!


In the first photo at the top of the post, you can see that I've paired the outfit with two Hell Razor designs.  The first is my Vintage White Bead Puffy Heart Necklace.  You can see in the photo that it overlaps the neckline a little, but it is adjustable if you wanted to make it a little bit shorter.  I don't mind the overlap though.  I hand-stitched this little plush heart and even added tiny weights in the stuffing to keep it laying flat when you wear it!  (That genius part was Todd's idea.)


The second item I'm wearing is a White Feather Rhinestone Flower Hair Clip and Pin.  Like the tights, I wanted to add a little more color to the overall appearance.  As a former head-to-toe all-black-wearing type of girl, I think I've discovered that a little bit of color makes me happier.  Surprise!

now playing:
Divinations - Mastodon
Crack The Skye
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google+