2.26.2011

Sound of Saturday

Todd came up with this post title for when I want to talk about music on the weekend.  Sure, Hell Razor is a jewelry, art & accessories brand, but we like other things, too!  Music is one of them.  Actually, music is a HUGE one of them.  We have it on almost 100% of the time at our house.  Mostly, upon entering our house, you will hear metal, because it's what we both agree on most.  


One band we totally agree on right now is The Damned Things.  They're not a new or underground band, in fact, you've probably already heard of them.  The band is made up of members of other successful bands:  Joe Trohman and Andy Hurley of Fall Out Boy (I know, weird, right?)Scott Ian and Rob Caggiano of Anthrax, and Keith Buckley of Every Time I Die.  They also have a MySpace here (people still have those? hmm).




When Todd first told me about them, I kind of scoffed at the Fall Out Boy thing (yeah, I know, I'm being all elitist and I shouldn't do that).  But then he told me about the comic-book inspired video for "We've Got a Situation Here" and he played the single for me while we were driving in the car.  That seems to be our traditional new music testing location.  We've gotta sit there anyways, right?  Might as well make my ears happy.  And I liked Keith Buckley's voice when I heard him sing in Every Time I Die, so odds were that he'd be a good frontman here, too.


So, long story short(er), I really liked what I heard and it's been stuck in my brain radio for weeks now.  I watched the video, which was awesome, and now I'm totally sold.  Love this band!  The sound is nothing like Fall Out Boy, but instead more of a hard rock/metal/bluesy mix.  No poppy stuff here.


The latest news is that they're on tour right now opening up for Volbeat.  They come to my neck of the woods (Chicago, IL House of Blues) on March 27th and I reallyreallyreally want to go.  However, tickets are $34.51 each (that's including the outrageous service fees) and I just don't know if we can afford $70 for the two of us to go out right now.  Sad!  It'd be different if it was $20 per ticket, or even $25 per ticket.  Grrrr.


So, if you DO have money and can afford to go, I'd love to hear how they are live.  Or perhaps I'll just suck it up and buy the damned tickets to see the damned things.

now playing:
We've Got a Situation Here - The Damned Things
Ironiclast
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google+