2.25.2011

An outfit post.

If you know me personally, you know that I love to read fashion blogs.  It's become a recent obsession of mine.  I don't exactly fit the typical fashion-blogger profile, though.  Number one, I'm older... I'll be 32 years old this April, and most bloggers I read are between 19 - 28.  I am short, too - I'm not quite 5'2". Also, I'm not a size zero.  Heck, I'm not even a size eight.  But that's not what's important here.  I decided to go ahead and do an outfit post, a la fashion blogger-style, because I thought it would be helpful to show how you might wear Hell Razor pieces in an everyday way.


Oh yeah, sometimes (sometimes?!) I'm an awkward photo taker.  Once again, I did it anyways, even with a little dog named Motorhead getting angry at the self-timer:


See?  I told you he was getting angry.
Here is my dramatic serious outfit shot:


If you're interested in the actual clothes, the striped t-shirt and leggings are from Target.  I love stripes and wear them a lot, probably at least one thing I wear is stripey every day.  The black dress is actually an Anna Sui for Anthropologie (I swear I got it on clearance and still spent more than I typically would but I LOVE this dress and get a ton of wear out of it).  I can't remember where I got the boots, but I think I ordered them by mail... maybe Alloy.com?  I think so.  I'm wearing two Hell Razor accessories with this outfit: a Turquoise Zebra Skull Bow Clip and my Hand Painted Skull Charm Rosary Necklace.  My outfit this day was a pretty straightforward black-and-white basic color scheme, so it was easy to add a simple white necklace and a splash of color with the hair bow.


One of the things that I love about rosary necklaces is that they are easily layered with other necklaces, or can be worn alone.  This necklace is super special because the pendant was actually a vintage clip-on earring I cleaned up and painted with this skull motif.  One-of-a-kind!  I removed the clip and attached a jump ring to turn it into the fun pendant that you see in these photos.  It has a "day of the dead" kind of feel to it.  I like wearing a white necklace against a black dress (like in the photos above) so that the contrast really makes the jewelry pop!



The zebra bow clip is actually ON SALE!  Visit the sale section to find this bow and other great steals for only $5!  I love the bright blue of this graphic zebra-patterned ribbon.  It's the kind of ribbon color that looks good on everyone's hair: blond, black, brown, redhead, or even purple!  With my simple black-and-white outfit, it was easy to add a little color with this bow.  I'd also easily wear it with other blue items or cool colors.


The skull in the center is a hand-made, hand-drawn skull by me!  I use a special modeling compound to hand-form the skull shapes I use in all my flowers and bows.

So, I hope you like my very first outfit post!  I hope to add more in the future with more ideas for how to wear Hell Razor art pieces.  Got any suggestions?  Let me know!

now playing:
The Pot - Tool
10,000 Days
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google+